Meet Your Lancaster Orthodontist
Dr. Howard moved to Lancaster with his family in 2002 and has worked diligently to establish the region's premier orthodontic practice. His focus on clinical excellence has led to continuous improvements in the standard of orthodontic care.
Dr. Howard takes pride in every smile he helps create, implementing the latest in 3D imaging and precision appliance design to make a spectacular smile.
Why an Orthodontist in Lancaster?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Howard continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Howard has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Lancaster Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Lancaster orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Lancaster orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.